Competition closes on 30 June 2023
The Weed Society of NSW and Dubbo Regional Council will be holding a photo competition for the 22nd NSW Biennial Weeds Conference being held on the 7-10 August in Dubbo.
Photo competition subject topics are:
- Weed Warriors – Photos of people working to control weeds
- Weeds and Wildlife – Photos showing weed impacts on wildlife and habitat
- Weedy Superstars – Photos of weed infestations that could be mistaken for fancy Instagram backdrops
- Wacky Weeds – Photos of weeds that look weird or are growing in strange places
- Weedy Mess to Wild Success – Photos showing before and after weed treatment – include 2 or more photos showing the change
- Wild Beauties – Artistic photos of weeds
Who can Enter:
The contest is open to Conference delegates only.
Date of Submission:
Submissions will close on the 30 June 2023.
How to Enter:
Please submit your entry by email to email@example.com before the closing date of 30 June 2023. Each delegate may submit up to three submissions for the contest. Photographs .jpeg, .jpg or PDF format, and no larger than 6 MB, must be submitted along with the following accompanying information:
- Name and email address of photographer
- Photo topic
- Year photo was taken
- Botanical name and common name of species
- Description of photo/s (including the number of photos per submission)
NOTE: Please include the signed Photo Copyright Release Form
The judging panel will consist of the Photo Contest Committee, one judge representing the Conference organising committee, two judges from the Weed Society of NSW and one judge that represents the weed industry.
At the end of the submission period, the judging panel will review the initial submissions for eligibility. They will judge all eligible submissions on the follow criteria:
- The subject as it relates to the subject topic (20%)
- Picture composition (30%)
- Light exposure and contrast with background (30%)
- Overall appeal (20%)
Prize and Certificates
The winners will be announced at the Conference Dinner on Wednesday 9 August March 2023. For each category, there will be a 1st place, a runner-up and five honorable mentions. Prizes will be given to the 1st place, and the runner-up photos in each category. A little something will be offered to the five honorable mentions in each category.
Photographers will need to give permission for the Weed Society of NSW and Dubbo Regional Council to reproduce the photo for display and publication on social media, newsletters and websites. Please ensure you submit the Photo Copyright Release Form with your entry.
2017 Winner for Weed Management –
“Alligator Weed Inspections” Lee Amidy
2017 Winner for Weed Identification –
“Frogbit” Kim Hignell